The tongue is so powerful and has the power to build up or tear down. The spoken word is amazing; when used for good, you can see people light up with happiness and joy. But, when spoken in a hurtful way, you can see someone slump with defeat and despair.
I know we all have heard and probably said the children’s rhyme about Sticks and Stones. As adults, we know that the rhyme was wrong; words CAN hurt you, and they often leave scars on us that last a lifetime.
A couple of weeks ago, I did my Sunday post about Rest. I mentioned how important having a day of rest was for our bodies and that it was the first time God gave us a blueprint for our life. However, the more I read the verses, I decided it wasn’t the FIRST blueprint after all.
- 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
- 6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”
- 9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.
- 11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.
- 14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,
- 20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”
- 24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.
- 26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
- 29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
You might have noticed that GOD SAID all of these things into existence. I never thought about the wording “God Said” because He is God, and He can create anything. God didn’t have to SAY anything; He could have THOUGHT it into existence. So, why did He choose to speak live into creation?
I think the Lord was giving us the blueprint for our lives. We should be speaking truth and life over our lives and those around us. We should be speaking joy, happiness, prosperity, and rebuking any evil spirits trying to harm us. The Lord gives us a powerful weapon in the tongue; calling on the name of Jesus as we Speak our requests is powerful and a tool that we should be using every day.
Today, take a few minutes to think about yourself and your family. Please write down the words you would like to speak over them and then boldly speak them into existence. No, we aren’t God, and without Him, we have no power. But, we are made in His image, and He gave us the blueprint, so let’s put our words to work.
To God Goes The Glory!
Have A Blessed Day!