Are you old? My mantra is “Age is an Attitude”, but is that really accurate? I have been searching about what is considered old? Did you know that if you ask a 30-year old and a 65-year old that question, you will get two different answers. According to an article I read on Huffington Post, the generally accepted age to be considered old is now 80. So what does attitude have to do with age? EVERYTHING!!!We have all heard the saying, “You are what you eat”, well there is also one that applies to age or aging. “You are as old as you feel”. Our mothers have been guilty of telling us, “act your age”, but why should you? I am 55, but I feel (and usually act) much younger. Feeling young might not change the fact that I am getting wrinkles, but it can change the way I deal with aging. If you watched the movie, Field of Dreams, you heard the saying, “Build It And They Will Come”. I say “think it and it will happen”, that includes how you feel about aging.I admit that I am as guilty as the next person for complaining about symptoms of old age. Here are ten signs you might be getting old and the cures. (I am not a doctor, nor did I spend the night at Holiday Inn. If you take my advice, then you do so at your own risk) Do you have any of the following?
1. Need readers? Then get them, duh! Just make sure they are really cute. Of course you could have lasik surgery.
2. Gray hairs? Color those suckers!
3. Loss of hearing? Clean your ears often, not with q-tips, but with the liquid kits. If it is more serious, then go to the doctor and check out your options. People hate hearing aids, but saying huh all the time is really not becoming.
4. Joints that ache? Depending on the root cause of the pain, there are several home remedies you might consider. Warm baths and massages are nice, and there are several spices that are good for you. Turmeric is especially good for this. Also, eating bananas is good for this. One of the treatments that sounds yucky but isn’t, is 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother) and 2 TBS Raw Honey in and 8oz glass of water.
5. Lack of sex drive? Talk to your doctor, he might want to prescribe estrogen. Also, some medications can play havoc with your system. As far as home remedies, get lots of sleep, eat a good diet, exercise, and try yoga or meditation for stress.
6. Prefer sleep to partying? Then go to bed, nobody cares. If your partner is a party animal, then you might have to compromise.
7. Children get on your nerves? Really, you think you have to be old for this? Unless the chid is mine (or my close relative) they almost all get on my nerves.
8. Technology is hard to catch on to? Yep, it is a little hard sometimes. Make youtube.com and google your friend. If that doesn’t work, then call one of your children (they’ll be snide about it) or a friend (they’ll be snide too but not as apparent).
9. Choose comfortable over fashionable? NO, NO, NO!!! Unless you have a medical reason, just don’t start. This is a bad habit that will lead to wearing pj’s and uggs.
10. Bowel movements are a topic of conversation? Okay, we will have to stop being friends if you go there. Hahaha Just kidding, my friends and I have had this conversation. But they are really close friends. Lol
I admit that I have more than one of symptoms on that list, but I am not going to tell you which ones. Haha But I will tell you this, number 9 is not one of them. Now, on to the fashion part of this post. My daughter bought me this cute infinity scarf for Christmas. Well, technically she used MY credit card, but she picked it out. Lol! I loved the gold flakes and how they shimmered, so I decided to wear all gold jewelry with this outfit. My rebel necklace and renegade bracelet from Stella & Dot are perfect for everyday wear. (I bet you are getting tired of seeing me wear them) My watch is Michael Kors, and the one that my friends bought me two years ago for my birthday. WOW, my eyes really look blue.
These sandy colored skinny corduroy jeans are from Maurices, and they are a couple years old. The Tommy Hilfiger OTK boots are new, and my husband bought them for me for Christmas. (he just didn’t know he did) LOL!!!The long navy cardigan is several years old also, and is from Old Navy. Items like this can be worn for several years. Here is a similar cardigan. Overall a nice, nothing over the top, outfit. Outfits like this are not hard, a top and a pair of pants with a cardigan. Add a pair of boots and some jewelry and you are ready to go out the door.So, are you getting old, or are dressing old?