CASUAL MEMORIAL DAY STYLE

50 IS NOT OLD | CASUAL MEMORIAL DAY STYLE | FASHION OVER 40I love Friday with Friends! It has turned into one of my favorite days to post because I love linking up with a different blogger each week. That is always fun and exciting, but today is going to be my favorite link-up! In fact, this blogger is the whole reason why I started blogging and why I started my Friday with Friends. Can you feel my excitement?
50 IS NOT OLD | CASUAL MEMORIAL DAY STYLE | FASHION OVER 40You might have heard me talk about Jo-Lynne Shane before. I had been a fan of Jo-Lynnes, and I thought, “maybe I could start a blog too.” Jo-Lynne has been blogging since 2006 when she started as a mommy blog. She transitioned to a fashion blog, and that is when I found her. She is also formerly a Virginia girl, so maybe that is why I feel a strong connection. I reached out to Jo-Lynne when I first started blogging, and she was gracious enough to link with me (here), which is where the idea for Friday with Friends came from. Please check out her post today by clicking here, and see what she is styling for Memorial Day.
50 IS NOT OLD | CASUAL MEMORIAL DAY STYLE | FASHION OVER 40Jo-Lynne and I decided that we would both style a “what to wear for Memorial Day” post. I envision that it would be a casual day, spent with family and friends. So, I wanted to wear red, white, and blue in the post, but I didn’t want to be wearing a flag. I found this cute t-shirt that I fell in love with. It is a heart made up of all of the names of the 50 states in America. I spotted Alaska (where my daughter lived for nine years) immediately, but it took me a little while to find Virginia. This tee is very soft and feels great against your skin, that is a must for me. The print is a puff print, and it features a high-low hemline that is a flattering style. I am wearing a large, and this fits me great. This tee is only $10.00, and you can grab it by clicking here.
50 IS NOT OLD | CASUAL MEMORIAL DAY STYLE | FASHION OVER 40My white jeans with the stripe detail are a pair that I recently purchased from Walmart. They are from the Sofia Vergara line, but they are all sold out. They are still available in size 18 and 20, click here if that is your size. This pair does run true to size; I am wearing a size 10. I love a white pair of jeans in the spring and summer; I find myself wearing them all the time. To incorporate a little red in my look, I added a pair of red sneakers that I had monogrammed with my initials. I don’t wear sneakers too often, but I am trying to wear them more since my heel has been bothering me. I found Chuck Taylors on sale at Nordstrom rack, but the sizes are limited. You can check (here) to see if your size is available.



50 IS NOT OLD | CASUAL MEMORIAL DAY STYLE | FASHION OVER 40

Please check out Jo-Lynne today by clicking here, and make sure that you say “thank you” for me. Without her encouragement years ago, I might not have continued blogging. You might make a difference in someone’s life in ways that you would never imagine.

I do encourage you to please sign up for my daily emails so that you can click on the link and it will take you straight to the post. No more having to remember to type in the name, etc.

Remember to sign up for my daily emails. Thanks so much for following me on my blog. Be sure to follow me on PinterestTwitterInstagramYouTube, and Facebook.

This post contains affiliate links. When you shop through my links, it helps support my business (at no additional cost to you) so thank you!

Archives

My Sister’s Middle Grade Book is Awesome!

Stores I Shop

Archives

I would love to hear from YOU!

  1. You look very chilled and relaxed today. It is lovely to meet other bloggers through your Friday post. Regards – Jill stylishatsixty
    http://www.stylishatsixty.wordpress.com

    Posted 5.18.19 Reply
  2. Nicki wrote:

    Tania I found you because of the link with jo-lynne. im so happy that i found you. you have great style and wonderful stories. you family is so funny like mine

    Posted 5.17.19 Reply
  3. Renee Delayo wrote:

    Love your outfit!! So glad I found your blog!

    Posted 5.17.19 Reply
    • Tania wrote:

      Renee, I am thrilled that you found my blog also!!!

      Posted 5.17.19 Reply
  4. Connie wrote:

    Great outfit! It’s cute and comfy looking.
    I follow you and Jo-Lynne and look forward to your posts everyday. You guys are how I get my morning started.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Posted 5.17.19 Reply
    • Tania wrote:

      That is awesome, Connie! I appreciate that you include me every morning!

      Posted 5.17.19 Reply
- powered by chloédigital -