We all want to be confident in life, and looking confident is half of the battle. Have you ever heard of the saying, “fake it until you make it?” I’m not sure that is a true saying or even one that I would promote for most things. However, when it comes to fashion, “faking” confidence is fairly easy, and the color choices you wear can make a difference.
Here are a few tips for looking confident in your clothing, even if you aren’t feeling confident in your mind.
Looking Confident in your clothing
- Fit – This tip is an easy one…make sure that your clothes fit you properly. I admit that I’ve been guilty of finding a DEAL on a shirt, sweater, coat, etc., and buying it even if it was too snug or too loose. What happens is that you end up not wearing the item because you don’t feel confident in it, and you will always be tugging or pulling on it. Buy the correct size or have the item tailored it you can.
- Wrinkles – UGH! Once again, I’ve been guilty of running out of the house without taking the time to iron or steam my clothing. Hey, it will just get wrinkled when I sit down in the car, right? Having wrinkle-free clothing not only looks great, but it also gives you the mindset of being confident, neat, and sophisticated.
- Color – You have often heard me say that certain colors make me feel happy and alive. Red is one of those colors, and it also makes you feel confident. Red is the color of passion, think Valentine’s Day, and it is also the color of power and confidence. You will see businessmen choose a red tie when they want to exude power and confidence, and powerful women will choose a power-suit in red. Wearing red lipstick can speak volumes, so experiment with different ones until you find the right color for your skin tone.
- Posture – You can be wearing a sack, but if you throw your shoulders back and walk with confidence, people will assume that a sack is the latest style. The same could be said about you wearing the latest couture gown, and if you walk with humped shoulders, you will look like it was something that was a hand-me-down.
- Mindset – What goes on between your ears will make all of the difference in the world. When you THINK that you look good, it shows in your face and body language. My mother used to have vintage fashion shows, and we started noticing which models sold the most clothing. One of those models was my DIL, and the reason that she sold so much clothing was that she loved vintage clothing, and it showed on her face.
Red is a color that I “now” love wearing because it makes my face glow. However, it wasn’t that long ago that you wouldn’t have caught me wearing anything red. I was so afraid of drawing attention to myself that I dressed in oatmeal, navy, or gray. I still dress in those colors, but now I add accessories to punch them up a notch or two. It is pretty comical to think that I am now a blogger who has thousands of people a day look at my photos. You never know where life will lead you.
I bought this red blazer during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and it is almost sold out now. The great thing about buying solid colors and wearing a classic clothing item is that you can find lots of similar items.
And, for those of you who might never wear a blazer, here are some red cardigans that will still give you the same look.
I thought that the red blazer brought out the red pattern in this tank top. I order many items at this time of the year that I know I can wear later in the year, and this tank top is a perfect example. Look at the colors on this top, I see red, white, and blue, which automatically makes me think about patriotic events. Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Fourth of July will be a few patriotic events when this top would be perfect. Plus, these colors will look great at any time of the year, and I can’t wait to wear it with a pair of white shorts.
I know that you might be shocked, but this top is sold out in regular sizes; however, it is still available in Plus Size. This is the one thing that I HATE about all of the Black Friday Sales; the stores are so picked over that it is not easy to link to the exact item. You know that I scour the internet looking for similar items, so don’t think that “this” is your only choice. In fact, I just ordered the one with the letters on it because I think it will be super cute under a denim jacket or cardigan. I am wearing a medium in the tank, and I think that it fits great.
I think that dark wash jeans look dressier than light-colored jeans. And, this pair of trouser jeans are a great dressy option. These jeans still give you the look and feel of denim, but they are also dressy enough to wear to work for most people. I am wearing my usual size 10 in these pants, and they fit great. As of last night, these jeans were on sale for $32.00, so grab them before they sell out.
I wanted to wear my red pumps because I LOVE wearing my red pumps. Lol! However, you could wear a neutral shoe, a navy shoe, boots, heels, or flats, and they would all look great.
I am announcing the winner of a giveaway each Monday in December. On Friday or Saturday, I will announce how to enter, and then the winner will be picked from the comments. I LOVED reading all of the answers on Saturday’s blog post about the Christmas present that was your biggest surprise. Some of them were so sweet and sentimental that they had me in tears. I never comment when I am having a giveaway because I have SIRI pick the winner by telling her how many comments were made. Today’s winner is Cheryl Chovich, so be watching for an email coming from me. I will need your address so that I can send your present!!!
I am curious, how are you acting different this December than in the previous years? Are you still going out shopping? Are you planning on having a large Christmas get together? Are you still giving presents that are baked goods like cookies or candy? One of the things that I hope you are still doing consistently is reading my daily posts. LOL!
Make sure that you’ve signed up for my daily emails so that you don’t miss a day. Also, there are ways that you can help my blog to grow, and that is by sharing my posts with others. Word of mouth is fantastic, or you can pin my outfits on Pinterest or share on Facebook and Instagram.
To God Goes The Glory!
1 John 4:9-11
9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.