What is the one thing that we all have in our closets, or at least we SHOULD have? That would be a black dress! I think that I am becoming known for being colorful and I will admit that description fits me. My sister, however, is just the opposite. She is a gray, white, navy, and black girl with a huge emphasis on black. I used to tell her that she was adopted when she was young and now I have the proof. Lol! Just because you are wearing black doesn’t mean you have to look depressing. Adding a pop of color takes the outfit from drab to fab quickly and easily. This swing dress is one from Old Navy and as you see, it can look dressy but it is also casual if worn by itself and with a pair of sandals or flats. If you don’t want to add a pop of color then look how adding some jewelry can change the look. I added tortoiseshell accessories in this look but you can go with silver, gold, pearls, or something colorful. That is part of the beauty of black, it goes with anything. This dress is by Halston and it came from QVC.
I loved this little cold shoulder black dress that was c/o the Purple Poppy. This look is trendy and fun. It all depends upon the occasion what style dress will be appropriate. I would wear this out to eat, dancing, and to any kind of fun activity. I probably would not wear this to a somber occasion such as a funeral. Here are some reasons that you need a black dress in your closet.
- You can wear a LBD to almost any function and be dressed perfectly.
- A LBD is slimming and who doesn’t want to look slimmer?
- It is simple. It is elegant. Pull it out and throw on a pair of nice heels and you have an outfit that you can wear anywhere.
- Black dresses are sexy. There, I said it! Men love a woman in a black dress!!! Maybe it was that slimming thing I talked about earlier.
- Something we don’t like to think about but you need a dress that you can wear to a funeral.
- Any color of jewelry will look good with a LBD. Pearls, silver, gold, and colorful!
I hope you have enjoyed this black dress series of photos. Let me hear reasons why everyone needs a black dress.
I really appreciate all of the shares and the pins of my outfits that you have been doing. PLEASE continue to do that, you won’t believe the difference it has made in my number of visitors to my blog.
If you like my blog then I would LOVE for you to sign up for my daily emails. Just put your email address in the “Subscribe To The Blog Via Email” box at the top right.
Please be aware that links to vendors may be affiliate links. I do profit from your purchases through the links on the blog.